Recently, I visited New Orleans for a quick two day trip. The last time I had been was for my 21st birthday so more grenades than actual restaurants. This time we wanted to learn about the impressive culinary tradition matched only by the cityâ€™s rich music scene. Translation – we ate a lot, and I think there was some music!
Thanks to excellent recommendations, my husband and I were able to indulge in the best of NOLA.
Below are a few of our faves in case you ever find yourself planning a trip.
- Ruby Slipper (for brunch) – excellent first meal. The chicken and biscuits were stellar.
- Beignets at CafÃ© Du Monde – I am more of a put chocolate on whatever type dessert person, but a must for most. A great area for people watching. Within a few blocks, we found a quirky gallery, Gallery Burguieres. The artist, Ally Burguieres, draws Alice in Wonderland inspired images, so I was instantly a fan.
- John Besh has a few restaurants in the area. We dined at Restaurant August. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, but pricey. This was our indulge meal.
- Atchafalaya – excellent brunch spot. They have delicious bellinis and are known for their bloody mary bar.
- Stayed at The Saint Hotel – a boutique spot next to the Ritz Carlton, excellent location and a great value.Â Just a couple blocks from Bourbon Street which comes in handy when you realize youâ€™re 30+ and canâ€™t hang with the nervous college students trying to sneak their fake IDs by the bouncers.
- Last but not least EAT New Orleans. It is a quaint local spot. Delicious food using local farm fresh ingredients. It is a BYOB spot, so if you like your vino make sure to bring a bottle or five with you. There is a shop around the corner open until 9PM I believe and we purchased a bottle of red there while waiting for our table.
- And, P.S.Â while I am a Starbucks kinda lady…I really enjoyed PJâ€™s Coffee.
Below you will find a few pics from the trip. Enjoy!